Coaching supervision is a key element in the professional practice of a coach. It provides an opportunity for a coach to:
- Reflect on their work to ensure that they are operating in ways that are competent and ethical
- Gain feedback and new insights about their coaching practice
- Develop confidence, perspective and receive nurturing support
Who receives coaching supervision?
Coaches who are serious about personal development, and want to uphold the highest standards of professional practice!
- You may be aiming to become an accredited coach with a professional body e.g. Association for Coaching. Supervision is a required element in the accreditation process.
- If you coach internally in an organisation, it can be helpful to reflect on your practice with an external supervisor
- If you are an independent coach or coaching associate, it is likely that you will be expected to receive coaching supervision as part of your professional practice.