Assessment tools provide you with information designed to highlight specific areas of personality or skill development.
There are many available on the market, and most can only be administered by Certified Consultants. Our team are certified to use Birkman, Motivational Maps, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and Risk Type Compass. More information about these tools is provided below.
Its important to have a focus before you take the assessment tool, e.g. think about how the results could be used in your personal and professional life.
Birkman is an industry-leading personality assessment that has been used by organisations for over 50 years and has been taken by more than 2 million people worldwide. It includes five major perspectives:
- Usual Behaviour – an individual’s observable behaviour and how they generally operate.
- Underlying Needs – It highlights what you need or how you expect to be treated.
- Stress Behaviours – what happens when needs are not met over a period of time.
- Interests – the kinds of activities that drives and energises you
- Organizational Focus – the ideal type of organisational environment that suits you
The Birkman Method® is delivered on-line and can provide various different reports.
- Individual Development
- Team Building
- Career Management and Career Transition
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Development
Risk Type Compass™
This was launched in 2011 by the Psychological Consultancy and explores an individual’s predisposition to risk and their capacity to manage it. The assessment provides a report placing an individual into one of eight Risk Types.
- Wary – self disciplined and cautious
- Prudent – self controlled and detailed
- Deliberate- systematic and compliant
- Composed- cool headed and optimistic
- Adventurous- impulsive and fearless
- Carefree– spontaneous and unconventional
- Excitable – uninhibited and excitable
- Intense – pessimistic and self-critical
- Recruitment and selection
- Personal Development
- Executive coaching
- Team development
- Being able to identify risk taking tendencies of employees
Motivational Maps are unique in their simplicity, application and usefulness. By measuring emotional energy rather than personality, it helps people understand motivation at a deeper level, and what they can do with that knowledge to improve performance.
The Nine Motivational Preferences
- SEARCHER: meaningful and purpose in work
- SPIRIT: freedom and autonomy
- CREATOR: new ideas, innovation and change
- EXPERT: learning mastery and specialization
- BUILDER: money, competition and possessions
- DIRECTOR: power control and greater influence
- STAR: public recognition and praise
- FRIEND: fulfilling relationships at work
- DEFENDER: security and stability
- Helps individuals to make good career decisions
- Determines how your motivation is likely to change
- Developing leadership and coaching skills
- Achieve greater fulfilment from work
- Training and development
- Improving teamwork
- Understanding personal styles to maximize use of human resources
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
(MBTI®) instrument is a questionnaire designed to make Jung’s ideas about psychological type useful in everyday life. It identifies a person’s four basic type preferences that combine into one of 16 different personality types.
Your world – Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or your inner world? Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).
Information: How do you take in information? Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).
Decisions: Do you prefer to first look at logic or at the people issues? Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).
Structure: Do you like being organised or leave things to the last minute? Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).
MBTI has been used for more than 50 years and is available in 15 different languages.
- To develop strategies to help individuals perform under pressure.
- To help managers get the best from their people.
- To build teams that can deliver effective results
- As part of a coaching intervention.